View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 09:44 PM   #152
Homeoboxter

Garage
Few more updates for today, new SAI system and a couple more parts back on the top of the engine:

Next is the wiring harness which was in a rough shape with stripped wires, broken connectors, cables completely chewed apart by some critters during the eleven year nap. I pulled this connector for the MAF sensor from a junkyard and soldered it back on the harness:

Rebuilt harness with fixed connectors and resleeved wires, ready to go:

I took the engine off of the stand and put it on my desk so I can tackle the clutch and the flywheel. I fabricated a simple tool to lock the flywheel for tightening the bolts. It has to withstand 25Nm plus 110 degrees turn on those 8 bolts.

After torquing the bolts down I realized that the new clutch set includes a new needle bearing for the transmission`s input shaft. Of course it would have been much easier to replace it when the flywheel was off... Fortunately I had bought a blind hole inner bearing puller for the IMS:

After carefully heating up the bore (I didn`t want to fry the RMS behind the flywheel with the heat gun) and freezing the bearing it went in with not too much hassle:

Homeoboxter is offline   Reply With Quote