Thread: This & That
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 08:43 PM   #78
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
The buyer of THAT texted me a couple days ago to say the it had a check engine light with code P1124 and P1126 and just wanted advice on where to look to fix them. I thought that I had fixed those codes already by tightening up a clamp on the intake and replacing a cracked hose on the AOS. I advised him to try cleaning or replacing the MAF sensor and look to see if there were any obvious leaks around the intake. I really hoped that it wasn't the AOS. He lives about three hours away from me and I didn't think there was any way I'd get out there to take a look at it myself.

Today I drove to Springfield MO to pick up a nice freshly rebuilt Porsche 914 engine I found on Craigslist. I realized that the guy who bought THAT was only about 45 minutes out of my way on the three hour drive back home. Before I left home I grabbed a known good MAF and my manometer to check the AOS. Timing worked out well and as I left Springfield, I let him know that I was going to stop by. I didn't do it because I felt bad or because the buyer asked me to. I did it because I thought I had fixed the problem and it really bothered me that it came back. ...it was personal between me and the car. I think its good now after replacing the MAF.