View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 03:53 AM   #1
Silverstreak

Smile Tell of 'OTHER' Favorite Porsches that you've owned !

My only other Porsche was an 87 911 Carrera coupe that I bought back in '95.

It was guards red with the whaletail and front spoiler, black leather seats, broken sunroof and some other minor issues. I paid only $13.5K for it ..... it had 103,000 miles.

The paint was original and in excellent shape except for needing compounded out and a scratch on the door fixed. The 16" Fuchs were faded too. After I restored the car, I'd have to say that was one of the coolest looking Porsches on the Planet. From the 78 SC on through to the end of the 80s, THAT style of Porsche drew alot of attention and was a great looking car. I need to find another before they all go away.

Weird things about my car were:

It used a lot of oil. Depending on where the motor stopped, it would either restart with no smoke, or restart with a big cloud of smoke. Luckily when I sold it, it started with no smoke
The heater was not designed very well..... but there is only so much you can do on an aircooled car. The suspension was super stiff. I don't know how far from stock mine was, but it was brewtal over the bumps !

The motor made 214 or 217 horsepower depending on who you wanted to believe. Nice torque curve and top end rush. That car too had the best brakes I've ever experience up until I bought the Boxster. The handling was tricky but challenging after I got to know the car's funky traits a bit better.

Anyway, it was a cool car for the money. It was funny driving around a $13,000 car like that when other people were paying $13,000 for a Toyota Corolla. It was a great deal ..... I sold it 3 years later for $17,500 ..... and that was probably too cheap.

98 Honda CR250
02 Acura RSX-S
00 Porsche Boxster S
98 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Sears Weed wacker 1.2 HP

Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote