Thread: Radiator fan
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 04:50 PM   #8
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Thank you, Pipe. That Burner vid is one of the vids I watched and recall my horror at the exactly one minute mark... when he begins strong arming out the unit. The closer arrives at 17:42 when after summing up with, "So that's it. That's the whole process" he hits with, "You put everything back in the way it came out".

While I was testing the relays... jumping... running car to temp... etc. I had a constant mental loop of that video and hoping that wasn't the route I would have to take.

Snuck my hand under... fan spins freely.

Tomorrow morning I'll lift that side... peel back the liner... see if I can't access the electrical connection... to which I'll run 12V... without having to take off a bunch of parts.

Have a nice evening.
Yeah, I was horrified, too!

But if you can get to the plug, after you unplug it, jump the terminals at the relay sockets and use a test light to see if you have power at the plug. The plug has 3 pins, two are power (low and high) and one is ground.

You can also try, like you said, running 12 volts to the fan-side plug and see what happens. Keep in mind the black wire is the negative and the other two are where you'd connect positive. If for some reason there's no black wire, it's the only one going directly from the fan motor to the plug.

Here's what you can do if you want to jerry-rig it. (might work if you're in a bind, but not the way I'd do it):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrD52LDH0WI

Good luck!