View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 11:38 PM   #1
davidwertu

986 - effects of long time battery removal - ECU IN COMA

Before three weeks i removed battery from my 986 - 2001 - US model - Boxter and left it at my friends property for storage. Yesterday when i tried to open the front trunk using 12V battery and the red pin in the foot well the car stated to honk and did nothing else.

I tried to plug in the key, left it there, twisted it (during the honking fit) - did nothing to stop it or open the trunk.

I tried to look for front trunk release cable as in early models removing the wheel well liner - found out they did not install it.

---
I read the UK models had a second battery to back up the main battery to keed the ECU from going crazy after long time battery being flat, i found nowhere on internet that someone would be having same problem.

My friends complained that the car during those 3 weeks stated three times honking with no aparent reason - on random, at first i laughed and thought they were crazy.
----

Can a ECU lock itself and refuse to communicate with world? Is there any fix, do you think only dealer with PST2 can fix it? Any ideas what to do or how to open the battery compartment?

Thanks guys - Boxters are the best lets keep them running and running fast

Last edited by davidwertu; 08-16-2020 at 11:46 PM.
davidwertu is offline   Reply With Quote