View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
redducati750

Parting out 1997 3.4 Conversion

The time has come to cash out on the 3.4 conversion. Here is a quick rundown on the specs, 1997
Boxster with a 3.4 conversion. Conversion was done by Scott Slauson, the PCA National
Tech advisor for the Boxster at the Local dealership Using the FVD kit. Motor was removed
from a wrecked 996 and had less than 40k Miles when the conversion was done. I have put
about 6k miles on since that point.

The base for this project was a Salvage 97 boxster that came out of Florida with some
water damage. The car was not completely submerged and worked well for my intentions as I
was going to and have replaced everything. There are still a few non-driving issues that
I did not address, primarily the soft top as I prefer the hard top for just about all
driving.

I have recipts totaling about 30k and have spent much more on the car, due to the salvage title situation im guessing that my best bet here is to part the car out. If someone is looking for a race car foundation, this would be a good choice. The car is quite stunning and I would be willing to let it go for 19k. I have lots of pics that I can forward, my email is ********************************@email.unc.edu anybody interested can call me at 919 923 5609. Here is a rough price list.

1997 Boxster Chasis, no crash damage minor flood all electronics replaced, 996 front bumper, stock decklid. Ocean Metallic Respray at local Dealership $6500

Hardtop factory paint..$1500

Litronic Headlights $700

3.4 996 motor
FVD kit
Sport clutch (less than 8k miles ago)Bolt in and go. The tranny is in great shape and is inclued at $7500

Boxster aero kit rear spoiler $800

Big Red Brake Upgrade, low miles on new pads and the custom rotors for the rear of the standard boxster. $2000

GHL sport exhaust $600

Factory Speedster Humps $500

Much Much More