View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 05:46 PM   #417
Qingdao

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
Thank you Jakeru and Porsche9, greatly appreciated.

Update on my TMPS project:
The Chinese BLE TMPS arrived. I had a couple of questions and VXDAS customer support offered EXCELLENT, fast and detailed, customer support. That is really noteworthy!
So far, under test lab conditions (a hair dryer blowing warm air on a sensor...lol), I got nicely animated results with in my iOS app (android is available too).
Update frequency seems a little random, but that is probably due to my tast lab conditions, which means not installed on a wheel.
The Valves are made out of aluminum, which is required for high speed tires. Sadly they could not officially confirm Vmax >250km/h. Will see what the tires shop has to say about them...

I have NO CLUE how they communicate with my iPhone, as I cannot see any TMPS device in my Bluetooth settings, at all. Must be Chinese magic
… sorry I'm late to the party. LOL

How do you like them? Do you have your phone mounted somewhere?

I went for the cheap cap version, then attached them to the valve stems inside the tires.

It was really cool mounting the tires because it gave pretty real time air pressures while inflating.

I just like that you can change the batteries on the sensors. You can't do that on new model cars; your only option then is to replace the whole sensor and pray the battery hasn't been sitting on the shelf too long.

TBH I didn't even know you were a fellow Z-topper till you posted the neato storage crate. The throwback vents over the rear hatch are a nice touch.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote