View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 08:16 AM   #55
pilut2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
Some people have to be told because, quite frankly, they are too stupid to make the right decision. Common sense it seems is not so common. Freedom is the right to choose but making an obviously wrong choice, even after being told by experts that you are making a mistake, is a sign of ignorance and obstinance and infringes everyone’s freedom.
+1 on this!

I am in Canada- Canadians tend to be more compliant and believe that the government is actually looking out for their safety and best interest instead of infringing on their rights. For example; most Canadians are thankful of our tough gun laws which mean that we don't actually have to carry a weapon to protect ourselves. We, for the most part, have also been very accepting of COVID restrictions and the need to wear a mask.
I realize that there are many factors regarding spread and death rate of COVID but I am proud of how well Canada has handled the pandemic. We have not politicized COVID, we have excellent healthcare available to everyone at no cost and most people are happy to wear a mask. As a result our death rate (as of August 10) is .13 per million whereas the US is tracking 1.55 deaths per million.