View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 06:43 AM   #54
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
With all due rspect for your service to our country... you're not a mask expert.

Attachment 22577
Apparently (with all due respect) neither are you. First off, don’t know where you got that graphic with the wonderful display of various types of masks, but it is clearly inaccurate. Smallpox and HIV have killed many, many millions of people; I don’t think covid’s hit a million yet. The thing that makes covid such a problem (in addition to its mortality) is how incredibly contagious it is. The stuff spreads like wildfire.

Secondly, not sure what your point is with that image? That the surgical type masks that people are generally wearing these days (those who choose to wear them, that is) are not up to the task? Well, granting that we still have a ways to go in our knowledge on this particular virus, the consensus among medical people, those who have a significantly better understanding of these things than most of us will ever hope to, is that they are in fact effective and helpful.

I’ve got an old friend, have known since the ‘70s, medical doctor, infectious disease guy. A Professor Emeritus (Medicine: Infectious Disease and International Health), he has spent 40 years as a medical scholar, investigator and instructor, teaching infectious disease, medicine and neurosurgery at University of Virginia. The guy’s contributed to hundreds of peer-reviewed articles, edited over a dozen books and has served on editorial boards of several medical journals. The man’s long since established his credentials in my book, and he is a colleague/friend of Dr Fauci, and a follower of his recommendations with regard to fighting this pandemic. When he’s out and about? He wears a mask. That’s all the persuasion I need.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote