View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 05:22 PM   #14
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Thanks, Jim.

I checked the Battery Maintainer when I got home today. In total, it took about 2 days to charge-up and for the battery maintainer light to go off. I did not think it would take this long.

I will cover it tomorrow (still need to wash the windows and buff off some Zaino on the trunk lid) and then wake 'er up in March!
Hi,

Well, that's possible, as I said, they put out a very low amperage and it depends on your starting point (remember the Boxster really chews up the juice just sitting there), condition, age, and history of the battery etc. Plus, I don't know what the amperage is exactly on the Porsche unit. I've seen them from 0.3Amp to 1.5Amp, that's quite a difference.

Mine's already cocooned for the Winter. Mrs. MNBoxster has been away the past 2 weeks doing the AT&T Championship in San Antonio and I've been doing it piecemeal.

She gets in tonight about 9PM, then she's off again for another 2 weeks Wed. 7am for the Tour Championship in Atlanta, her last tourney for '06. That's when I'll be getting her S-Type all set for Winter - Snows, Clean-up, Oil Change (at the Dealer - free), Wax, etc.

I think I'm already gettin' the shakes...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote