View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 04:51 AM   #86
itsnotanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post
I don't know how I missed all this, but this has just become my all time favorite Boxster picture!
Welcome to the party. You should convert one of yours into a rallycross boxster and join me. There's actually a rallycross track not too far from where you live. One of these days I plan on making it up there for an event. I think there's a big sand dune off-road park up there I'd love to check out while I'm up there.

I got the MK6 struts installed. The top was easy as all I had to do was drill three holes. Fitting the strut into the carrier was another story. I had to mill out and stretch out the strut mount for the strut to slide in. I had to put some heat on the strut bracket to relieve the stress from stretching them out. I've pretty much ruined the uprights if this doesn't work out as there's no going back to stock struts. I made brackets to keep the strut from sliding down during hard impacts and jamming into the CV joint.

It's hard to tell from this picture but it raised the rear by three inches. I'm hoping it settles a little once i drive it around a bit. I have mixed feeling about the extra ground clearance. It's not really needed at my local tracks but might come in handy at other tracks and if I start sprint rallying. I have a feeling it might hurt my times locally.