View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 05:13 PM   #17
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
The basic assembly is done and there's nothing particularly difficult about the rest of the retrofit.

for a mounting surface, I cut a plastic speaker mount: Scosche SAVW6
I just happened to have that on hand, but any similar sized plastic arch could work.

I placed the arch visually parallel to the bulb mount on the back of the reflector and secured it with JB Weld epoxy.

I made the headlight bulb mount (hole) at the back of the reflector large enough to pass the wiring through by grinding it with a Dremel - watch out for that fine dust.

Next, cut some sheet metal (old license plate) to clamp the LED light to the mount. I folded it in such a way to have spring pressure against the light, then used a little silicone sealant just to make sure it doesn't come loose.

It looks like a good fit. My lights still need to be sanded and polished. Also the whole wire harness has cracked insulation and needs to be completely replaced. You should all be able to figure out the wire connections with what has already been posted. The 'adapter harness' was easy to de-pin and I plan to put those pins directly in the headlight connector. The original fog light and turn signal will be easy to retain, but I may still replace them with an LED strip in the bumper.

Last edited by 78F350; 08-07-2020 at 06:19 PM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote