-tWv-

Garage
Help Diagnosing Slew of CEL Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Good luck with it.
Let us know how you go.
I always like to hear end results

So the saga continues... he got the valve cover off and found that the cam timing was actually off by 1 tooth. The VarioCam actuator looked good and didn’t look like it needed replacing, so buttoned the car back up and test drove.

He said car ran well (no codes at all) after the first test drive but he noticed the water pump was leaking pretty bad so I told him to go ahead and replace that while the car was in the shop. After replacing the water pump he test drove again and now the car is throwing a camshaft sensor (P0341) code. He replaced the sensor and the code is still showing up. He has checked the cam timing and both banks are advancing together so doesn’t seem like an actuator issue. Additionally, the car runs well when cold but starts to run poorly and feel sluggish when hot. I don’t think this has anything to do with the water pump install, it just didn’t show up until he got a true test drive with the car all the way warmed up.

He’s keeping the car over the weekend and looking into it more next week, but I’m sort of at a loss for what this could be. I guess this could be an electrical issue with the connection itself causing it to not function properly. Another thought was something is wrong with air/fuel mixture when it gets up to temp (maybe MAF, O2 sensor, injectors...?), but no clue why that would throw a camshaft position sensor code.

Any ideas?

Mechanic is going to keep troubleshooting so will post back if we figure it out.

Last edited by -tWv-; 08-07-2020 at 04:09 PM.
-tWv- is offline   Reply With Quote