View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 05:34 PM   #39
Qingdao

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Chick View Post
I think maybe something in between Maaco and a Concours car. This 21-year old car is in great mechanical condition, with only 50,000 original miles on it. And as soon as I got it I replaced the clutch, the rear axle, convertible top, and a few other things because they had wear. My goal is to make it look and run brand new. It already runs like new.

Now I'm past repairs (for now) and the things I'm trying to fix are cosmetic, such as:
  • Paint
  • Restore worn leather seats
  • Re-wrap steering wheel with leather threading the same color as the exterior paint
  • Find or make floor mats with Boxster logo and piping the same color as the exterior paint
  • When the tires are worn, replace wheels with 18" more aggressive wheels

Then make a couple basic improvements:
  • Heavy duty brakes
  • Change exhaust for tone and HP
  • Short throw shifter

So, this is just part of a project. I'm going to be spending more than the car is worth, anyway, and I'm okay with that. I plan on keeping this car for a long time. And I'd like to be able to show it off now and then. I'm not going to pay $15,000 for new paint, but I'll pay $3,000-$4,000.

Base model?

I just got a set of LLOYD floor mats off ebay. They are REALLY nice little expensive but worth it. ($140)

IDK you've got nothing to loose if you attempt to block it down before paint. I mean they are gonna block it down if you go with a $4000 paint job. Try it out (worst case scenario you get a good arm workout) and post your results here and we can judge you.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote