View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 08:47 AM   #79
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
There has to be more to it. Maybe the LN plug is more finicky and less forgiving of the aforementioned operator error than the OE plug?

From what I've read on here, it seems that there's a very narrow window between not enough torque that the aluminum washer won't seal and too much torque that will strip the inside metal from the outer aluminum threads. That's just my observation.
I would not bet on that. We have installed a lot of these plugs, torqued them to LN’s specs, and never had a problem with them. That said, we have also seen quite a few that we did not install that had become “problems”. The common denominator between the two seemed to us to be how they were installed. After multiple oil changes (which we did), the plugs we installed looked brand new; the problem plugs brought to us for the most part looked like they had been through a war with Allan flats rounded off, parts of the plug head chewed up, and some in so tight that they must have been installed with a breaker bar.