View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 06:29 AM   #18
Seal1968
Seal1968

Limco is a great DIY'er brand...decent quality.

I've used it many times - very reasonably priced. I just did my son's A4...front fenders, rear quarters, trunk, hood and front bumper cover. $400 in materials. BC/CC x3 each. Wet sanded and buffed. Brilliant black...such an awesome colour when shiny.

The major cost for a paint job is the labour to prep for paint.

Options:

If you ask around I'm sure you can find a painter who works for cash on the side and will produce a great result. Check with a custom shop who works on cool muscle cars...they'll know someone.

I've also seen Maaco jobs turn out decent, with a wet sand and buff. Remember, you can pre-sand your car for Maaco and ensure decent prep has been done, and remove parts for them. I assume if you're in the south there's no rust to repair, so a pretty easy prep job really. Don't be afraid to tackle it yourself.

By the way, just how bad is your paint? Clear faded/peeling clearcoat? You can fix that quite easily if so. There's 2K clear in rattle can that you can re-clear issues. Works like a charm...kind of like "cut in clear" used for touch ups by the pros.

Post up some pics.
Seal1968 is offline   Reply With Quote