View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 08:07 AM   #8
nhuy570

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
If you're painting it the same color, they should charge 25-30% less than Andy's since they wouldn't have to paint door jambs, under hood, etc that is required with a color change. Those are the items that take a lot of time (=$$$) to sand and prep for paint.

My knowledge of MAACO is OLLLD (like me), but based on what I know about them, I would stay away. I don't believe they do much prep work, so 2-3 yrs from now your nice paint will be flaking off. Speed work NEVER equals quality when it comes to body work / paint. Once again, MAACO may have changed but I would be very hesitant to have them do anything.

Not sure I'd recommend going to TJ by yourself or even at all. I'm sure they'd do a decent or good job, but you'd have bigger brass ones than me if you did.

it ain’t that bad! I don’t even speak or look Spanish. Had a wonderful meal 2 blocks away at Caesars, and walked back to the border through the main downtown street that’s lined with cops. Driving back with a red Porsche does stick out but there were a bunch of new fancy cars as well.

https://yelp.to/qTKq/MllV3ImVx8

I forgot to mention, if you pay them more they will take everything apart and paint every nook. Just not something I care for. There’s a place I was researching that has brought a bunch of cars to SEMA for their clients but that was way too far with similar prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nhuy570 is offline   Reply With Quote