Thread: Increasing HP?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 06:56 AM   #26
Racer Boy
Racer Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Chick View Post
My mechanic invited me to join the local PCA group and go to the track with them, where I could really learn to drive it. That sounds like fun and I want to do it, but it also scares me. It scares me for two reasons: 1. having someone in the car with me during COVID-19; 2. flipping the car. I saw a video of someone here who got into a side skid on the track, and all I could think of is that he was lucky he didn't hit a bump or a spot with greater surface tension, because that car looked like it was about to flip. Didn't. He came to rest in the dirt. But it sure scared me.
It would take running into a curb or something like that to roll nearly any modern car, let alone a Boxster. If you don't hit something, it's just not going to happen.

I understand your Covid fear, and I'm surprised that there is any PCA club allowing instructors to ride in the car. My local club isn't allowing that. You can be patient and wait until the virus magically disappears (any moment now...) and then take a High Performance Drivers Education class. Realistically, probably in two to three years.

You like Emma Peel? This guy is in love with Emma Peel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kskwZW9iQNM

Last edited by Racer Boy; 07-30-2020 at 06:58 AM.
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote