-tWv-

Garage
Help Diagnosing Slew of CEL Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Hope I have helped in some small way.
Yes do keep us posted.
Hope things turn out well for you.

Got the report back from the shop today. Looks like everything looks good from a mechanical perspective on the timing. Unfortunately, that means there’s some sort of deeper issue and the mechanic thinks it has to be the timing chain actuator/tensioner. This part alone is over $1200 and it’s about 10 hours of labor to put it in. Bill just over $3k ....

I’m going to go ahead with it because his analysis makes sense from what I’m feeling with the car. It starts and drives just fine so I don’t think I’m getting a consistent misfire. It seems like it occurs in specific gears/rev ranges and just feels like the car is very low on power. My assumption is this is occurring due to one cylinder bank advancing/retarding valve timing and the other not acting similarly. He’s going to work through getting to the cams and will report if there’s something simpler going on (ex: the plastic guides on the tensioner failed instead of the whole part).

Hopefully this is it and I can get out on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the next couple weeks. Wish me luck.

Last edited by -tWv-; 07-29-2020 at 05:27 PM.
-tWv- is offline   Reply With Quote