View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #4
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob175 View Post
Cool, but ONLY for those that have the facility to work on it complete with a lift....I don't think a floor jack will fill the bill as they say.....lol. For those that depend of spending money on labor you could double the $6,500 to $13,000 easily.
Brian mentions a number of projects in his videos and its great that he resurrected a car, kudos. I have some comments on his opinion on what a PIA most of the projects were. I find these cars and the work we do on them EASY compared to the stuff I have done on my honda truck or other cars or watched what others go through on other cars. Porsche engineered the car pretty well and also made it maintenance-friendly. Not sure what he encountered on every project he undertook, but he felt it was difficult? I thought he was a mechanic, so the position he has is interesting to me. Professionally, I am the furthest thing from a mechanic, but I can wrench.
I have worked without a lift on all my projects, short of the engine pull, I think I could have pulled that off as well, but a freind offered a lift. I swapped and serviced Trannies, cooling, exhaust, wheel hubs, drive shafts, suspensions everything. It might have been nice on some of the stuff to just toss the car up in the air, but much of the work I did was easier with it close to the ground.
You need at least one low profile long reach floor jack, 2 is better, 4 really good jack stands that extend 25" or so and an extra 15 minutes to raise the car. Have some fun and give it a try. :+)
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote