Hope I have helped in some small way.
Yes do keep us posted.
Hope things turn out well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Hope I have helped in some small way.
Yes do keep us posted.
Hope things turn out well for you.

So got the report back from the shop today. They took a look at the timing and everything looked good there from a mechanical perspective. Current diagnosis is there is an issue with the variable valve timing, specifically with the timing chain tensioner/actuator. Unfortunately that little part is incredibly expensive ($1300 on pelican parts) and about 10 hours of labor to get it put in. Total bill is just over $3k .....

I’m going to go through with the repair because his diagnosis matches with the symptoms I’m seeing. There are misfires on all 3 cylinders (1-3) but the engine starts and runs ok so not likely a spark plug or coil issue. It only really feels like it’s struggling in certain gears/rev ranges. Seems like the one cylinder bank is advancing/retarding timing without the other and causing it to run very poorly/low on power.

It’ll be done in the next couple weeks and I’ll report back. Really hoping this fixes the issue as I want to get out for a real drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway!
-tWv- is offline   Reply With Quote