Thread: Increasing HP?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 04:46 AM   #15
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYRX View Post
Now some truth. I own a Boxster S and I do enjoy driving it on country roads and around Athens, GA. It is perfect for that and fun. I tracked a Corvette Z06 for years. Ran Time Trials also. No Boxster ever came close to running circles around me at the track, most were just a blimp in the rear mirror after a few laps and that's a fact. I was also an instructor and took quite a few Boxster owners out for lessons. Now that I have retired from track/racing days, I am looking to replace my 986 with a 2009 or 2010 Boxster S.
+1
I was fortunate enough to drive Laguna Seca as my 5th ever DE. I was still pretty green (I look back at my videos and see all kinds of places to improve) and they had me in an intermediate run group. I got a thrill in the 2nd day because I passed a 997 GT3. Now I look back and understand it was more about his driving than mine. As I've gained more experience and driven a variety of tracks, I'm placed in run groups with lots of experience. That also means with my measly 303HP and street tires, I'm a knife at a gun fight vs all the GT3s, GT4s, McLarens, and race cars. It would take a special track (one that I haven't driven yet) that would put handling over HP. You can still drive a slow car fast, but chances are low you're going to be passing better cars.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote