View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 02:38 AM   #5
-tWv-

Garage
Help Diagnosing Slew of CEL Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
when you get an O2 sensor aging code it is telling you that the sensor is responding slowly. Which is what they start to do as they get get older. eventually their response gets slow enough that the DME throws the code. Unlikely that the cats are causing the problem.

If the O2 sensors are new or recently replaced and you are getting O2 sensor aging codes.
I think there are other issues in play.
Were the codes present before they were replaced?
If so were the codes erased after they were replaced?
If they were replaced recently are you positive they are the right ones for the car.
If they were other than Bosch or Porsche (relabeled Bosch) in my mind things get iffy.
Is all the wiring to them and from them to the DME sound?
Are the connections sound?

I would fix the timing issue first.
In fact if it was me I would not drive or even start the car until the cam timing issue was resolved.
Then I would erase all codes and go from there. But that's me.

Still waiting for my BIL to send all the maintenance records but they put a ton of work into the car over the past few years and as far as I’m aware all parts were OEM. I don’t believe the codes were present prior to replacement, it was more of a preventative maintenance thing at that point but I’ll confirm.

The car has been driven a decent amount since the CEL came on with no major issues, but I’m not sure if the cam timing code was present initially. Definitely going to get the timing issue resolved first like you said and then start diagnosing everything else.

Is there any chance this could be a bad camshaft position sensor? Or does the code I have specifically relate to physical timing being off?

Last edited by -tWv-; 07-25-2020 at 02:58 AM.
-tWv- is offline   Reply With Quote