View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 08:56 AM   #1
1yellowbrickroad

New owner...New member

So...I bought a 2000 2.7 Boxster, about a week ago. I can admit that in terms of what everyone experienced with Boxsters knows...and I now know from spending a week reading forums...I did everything wrong. However, I may just have dumb luck. I'm not inexperienced with cars in general so based on my inspection of the vehicle it seemed sound without making my "spider senses tingle". I made a snap decision on my way to a weekend boating and put a deposit on the vehicle and pick it up 4 days later. I was the first to look at the vehicle. It had been listed less than 12 hours. While I was there the owners phone was blowing up with interested folks. Hence the snap decision.

Everything works! No lights! Interior and exterior in exceptional condition. Front nose had been painted and is a slightly different shade. It needs a refresh anyway and I can do it myself. My brother has a shop and we will colour gun it to match.

It's yellow (the only reason my wife played along). Originally a US car, now in Canada. Obviously never winter driven and properly winter stored. 81,000 miles.

The great news! I have the service records... and they show the biggies...IMS, clutch and flywheel replace @ 75,000 miles. Other records show various other maintenance and repairs of the common requirements...plug tubes, serpentine belt...etc. Low mile rubber.

All in all in great shape, plus it has 18" wheels and sport seats!

The only apparent immediate work it may need is suspension bushings. I haven't had it in my brothers garage on the hoist yet. That happens next week!

My 17 YO daughter begs to go for drives and said "I now understand sports cars" as we leaned into a corner. Smiles all around!
1yellowbrickroad is offline   Reply With Quote