View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 01:30 AM   #1
redankulous

I need it. I need it now.

Hey everyone,

I'm 24, about 2 years out of college. I've been somewhat frugal my entire life, but with an undeniable taste for the finer things in life.

Since getting out of a relationship, moving to a significantly cheaper apartment, and spending $0 on social events because of COVID, I've cut about 3k/month out of my budget since February. This along with being relatively new to California, I figured it would be fun to buy a convertible to drive out to the beach on the weekends. I test drove Mustangs, Miatas, and Z3/4's and thought they were ok, but didn't get too excited.

I have a friend who makes about half my salary who bought a 987 Cayman. I thought he was stupid, assuming he went into debt for it... until he told me how much he spent on it. I test drove a boxster about 3 weeks ago, and I'm absolutely hooked. It is practically all I can think about. It's like discovering what true love really feels like...

Anyways, because I'm a cheapo and am not sure if this is just a phase, I'm looking to spend $10k (after IMS replacement + repairs) on a 986 Boxster with ~100k miles on it. I have a dependable 2012 focus that I'm planning on keeping as my daily driver.

I'm definitely all in on this, but I'm just wondering, how much should I expect to spend on maintenance on this thing? How much will the car depreciate if I'm only driving it 5-10K miles/year?
redankulous is offline   Reply With Quote