View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 07:09 AM   #24
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Roadster View Post

One more question for you Tony since I will have all 4 stock struts available do you think anybody would want to buy them and what might I charge for a fair price....All 4 stock bilstein struts have no rust anywhere and have 47,000 original miles on them and the only reason I am replacing them is because the right front strut started leaking and I decided to give some coilovers a try instead of going with struts.
im not the expert on used parts, I dont have anything for you one that, but you are replacing one of them because they are leaking? If its me, im not putting them on my car, especially when I can buy new. I went Coilover for the simplicity of having everything at once.
I encourage you to look at your suspension components carefully when you perform the swap. Droplinks and swaybar bushings are often bad by the time our cars get this old. The lower control arm goes quick in the front as well. When (if?) you do the rear, again droplinks and swaybar bushings, but the trailing arm (fork) makes noise at low speeds and needs replaced. I just swapped everything with TRW...cost about 1500 bucks but its done.

post some pictures of your project and lets see how its going, just size them correctly so they arent HUGE!
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote