View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 12:15 PM   #4
Low Flight

The price was presented as "OBO," so I guess there's some wiggle room. My wife told me, without any lack of clarity, that I wasn't buying a car that would immediately become another project. So I think this either needs to be fixed before the purchase, or I must move on.

I spoke with the dealer who originally sold the car and maintained it until 2011, when it was garaged. And I guess that would make it having been a garage queen for "only" 8 years, if it came out last year. He said they had installed a sport exhaust system (thought that was a stock feature), and had replaced the right rear wheel bearing, as the only repair item. Otherwise, they had changed the oil regularly, and the brake fluid every 2 years, until 2011. Not sure what maintenance has been performed since then.

I'm thinking about proposing to split the cost of an LN IMS bearing installation. Too generous? Too stingy? Or maybe just offer a bit higher than the asking price, on condition that the work be done, and perhaps make a deposit.
Low Flight is offline   Reply With Quote