View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 07:33 AM   #12
Andy804

Hi Barkinfool,

Sorry to hear of this misfortune. If I were in your situation, I would likely rebuild the engine or replace it. My '03 S is my first Porsche street car (I started out with a spec Boxster race car) and I have an attachment to that car unlike any other car I've owned. So while the monetary of the value of the car doesn't justify it, I'm already in the mindset that this car is worth keeping until I pass it down to my child (unless I can get my hands on a 718 Spyder). And I neither have the time nor the inclination to tackle on such an involved job myself so I'm also speaking from the perspective of having to pay an independent Porsche shop to do this.

I would talk to a few shops to get an idea of what it would cost and then I think only you can determine whether you want to sink that kind of money in having the engine repaired/replaced or if you rather sink that money into another car.

With regards to the 996 motor, I think it's not as simple as plug-and-play because of the orientation of the motor with the transmission.

Best wishes on this decision. Keep us posted.
Andy804 is offline   Reply With Quote