Thread: Did a thing
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 01:12 PM   #12
Qingdao

Quote:
Originally Posted by beater986 View Post

Not my bug. Tried to leave notes for the owner, they have no interest in meeting other gearheads apparently. Good eye on the tires. 10k is great, so they lasted you what? 2, maybe 3 rotary motors worth? I have about 2k miles on these and they are pretty well gone in the rear. I might throw new ones on mid-trip, but I think highway driving is much different than the normal paces I put the car through.

HAHA it would be more funny if it wasn't' actually true... yes I've rebuilt my engine twice during that set of tires; one apex seal failure and one coolant seal failure . LOL I'm on my second set of RE71s now (10k on the engine so far). They are really good tires; like REALLY good tires. All that said I went with Indy 500 tires on the Porsche; higher tread wear and they seem like good tires (also I got them for $250 for the set).

I just got back from a trip to pickup a hard top, for my boxster, from SC to IL... man that was a trip had it done in 40 hours. 6000 miles gonna take more than a week off to complete that right?

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote