View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 02:28 PM   #8
beater986

Put 200 test miles on the setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qingdao View Post
Love it.

Your bug in the first pic??

EDIT: oh and great front tire choice, but 6000 miles might wear them out depending on how you drive LOL I get about 10k out of my RE71's on my RX7.
Not my bug. Tried to leave notes for the owner, they have no interest in meeting other gearheads apparently. Good eye on the tires. 10k is great, so they lasted you what? 2, maybe 3 rotary motors worth? I have about 2k miles on these and they are pretty well gone in the rear. I might throw new ones on mid-trip, but I think highway driving is much different than the normal paces I put the car through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder_Man View Post
Having had one of these RTS setups on a previous Boxster, the major draw back is you cannot put the top up or down without taking the whole rack off. Also expect way more wind noise when driving. You might want some ear plugs if you’re going to endure 6000 miles of it.
Yup. But that would be the case in any car with a roof rack

As for the wind noise, you're right, it's terrible. From 40-50mph it sounds a bit like a supercharger but then you realize it doesn't correlate to engine revs and so you scratch your head for a second. Found an empty road to test at 70, 80, 90 and the noise is a pretty brutal howl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
This is new, and I love it!

I'm going to be curious to know what you think of driving 6000 miles with that on the car, especially at freeway speeds. I would suggest checking the RTS bolts everyday, and maybe using some blue loctite on them.
Yup. Going to check it every single stop. Everything is within weight ratings, but good to be safe/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRP View Post
Super cool. What does it look like when the tent is closed/stored?
beater986 is offline   Reply With Quote