View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 12:12 PM   #6
RedTele58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
'99s are the best. That's going to be awesome when you get it done. Are you planning on painting the livery or vinyl? It may be easier to find the right car with a nice interior, then wrap the whole thing or paint it all. Alternatively you could gather nice interior pieces and put them in the right car. ...and sorry, I think most of my spare interior sets are black.
Well - you know the old battle saying "No plan ever survives first contact.", but here's my plan...

I don't think it'll be overly hard to find the right car. I already have a line on a '98, white/metropol blue, 5 speed, 95k miles in the Dallas area. The right color combo is more important to me than year (but we both know '99s are best), or option list or some mechanicals. I always end up putting $4-6k mechanically into any car I buy to make it the way I want, and I have, as you know, a shop full of goodies including enough aerokit pieces for two cars, thanks to Woody and others.

Since I'll be adding an aerokit and a hard top, paint work will be a necessity.

I really want to find a semi-ragged set of sport seats or GT3 seats to get reupholstered the right color since I'm betting the car I eventually find won't have them.

Then I have lots of carbon fiber pieces, consoles to paint, etc for the rest of the interior.

You've seen my wheel stash, so no problems there either.

For the livery - vinyl. MagnaGrafik https://www.magnagrafik.com/WholeCatalogue.pdf does awesome livery graphics. He did the orange side and hood graphics/numbers on my black car.

All in all, I think it'll be a fun project. Not especially cheap - I'm sure I'll have much more in the car with the extras than what I'll pay for it, but it's a project that's been percolating in my mind for several years and I don't have to do it all at once.