View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 08:53 AM   #7
Jasper7821

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcramer View Post
I believe the most important issues regarding open/closed are; water intrusion and temperature. With temperature, the plastic window is more pliable the warmer it is. There have been reported cases of the plastic splitting because it was stiff from the cold.

I still have my original, plastic rag top and it is in great condition. My car also came with the factory hard top. I believe my car spent most of its life with the hard top on. Which explains why it is in good shape. I also keep a soft towel in the fold of the plastic when it is down. This helps to keep the plastic from rubbing against itself. I never raise/lower the top below 70 degrees. I also keep a car cover on it all of the time. Wife's car gets to sleep in the garage.
Yes, I mentioned it's warm and the plastic is probably more pliable. I'm in AZ and it's in the 100's now and in my garage with my other car (plug-in Hybrid) charging the battery overnight that dissipates heat like crazy and my garage this time of year is usually about 110 or so overnight.
Jasper7821 is offline   Reply With Quote