View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 02:54 PM   #1
mnracing

Question Softronic Alternatives

Good Day All,

I've got a 02 986S I bought in 05. I've upgraded the engine with a 987 airbox, 76mm throttle body, IDP plenum, headers and high flow cats. Its been running a Softronic tune since 2015 and that works well.

Except, for one issue; The ODBII ready status is never set because of 2 Porsche codes:

P1126
Porsche fault code 356, mixture adapt, lower load range B. 1

P1133
Porsche fault code 358, mixture adapt, lower load range B. 2

Both occur at about an hour after a full reset. The O2 ready status are good to go.

This hasn't been a problem until last year. Every time I had an emissions check (eCheck) the ODBII fails and I had a tailpipe check. Unfortunately, that option is gone; Ohio has moved to an ODBII check only for eCheck. So, my tags expired.

I've been trying to get Softronic's attention on this since April this year (2020). I've emailed, called, left numerous messages but no response except for an initial email request for the codes. I've offered to pay for the help. I can't get anywhere with this.

I assume that either Softronic is no longer supporting customers or at least no longer interested in my business.

So, I'm looking for alternatives. Anyone have suggested for either:

- A company that can sort out the adaption code issue with the Softronic software

or

- An alternative software solution.

Many thanks for any advice,

Paul
mnracing is offline   Reply With Quote