View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 03:16 PM   #13
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Roadster View Post
Thanks Tony for the info and the tip about using Yellowspeed.......I did see those Godspeeds for $840.

I just looked at the Yellowspeed coilover site and it says $1,100 but I don't see where it says for how many....So It's $1,100 for all 4 coilovers correct ?

And if I loosen the axle nut just how did you get it to the correct torque of 340 ft-lbs ?.....I myself don't have anything to get it close to that torque.
Righto. it is for all 4.
The godspeeds are a risk, too inexpensive and I didnt find anyone online with a Porsche who used them. A few yellowspeed users out here on the forum, plus some Japanese tuners I know have them and like them. (these guys are good feedback because they do stupid stuff to the cambers and trick driving stunts) I think the springs are just right for street driving and have adjustable dampening, although I went with stock recommendations.

I used a torque wrench at my local shop (its huge) and got close. I takes a little bit of muscle. you can use a really strong breaker bar and impact socket (you can easily break these if it is small or a cheapo) and use your weight.
340/(your weight)= x. stand with your full weight on breaker bar "x" from the rotation of the socket. 200Lb is about 1ft and 8 inches out with bar parallel to the floor. Yahtzee!

PS, be careful not to scratch up your wheels. I wrap my sockets with colored electrical tape for the lug nuts and the axle nut.
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote