View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 04:43 PM   #43
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
considering new coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Roadster View Post
I'm very happy I found this thread because just yesterday I went to check my tire pressures and seen a 360 degree wet circle in my front right fender plastic coming off the inside of the tire.

So I took off the tire and thought it was break fluid at first but finally figured out it was coming from the round plate the bottom of the strut spring sits in.That area was full of shock oil and running down to everything below then finally ending up on my inner tire throwing it out to the fender well.

I'm just like you Tony in that I only drive a little spirited around town and that's it.So I'm looking myself for something better than stock but keeps the same height and rides smooth as glass.

So far, the yellowspeed have been great. They aren’t anything special, but well priced, all one unit and easy to install. The take a couple of weeks to get (they are built on demand from China) but no complaints. The springs are a little softer then race shocks, making them more street friendly but made a huge difference in ride. You might need some of the links and arms replaced also, it’s tough to tell when they are worn as they seem fine until you do new ones. I sourced meyle and TRW stuff all around, replacing everything and it made the entire car tight and responsive. No clunks. There are kits out there for front and back at 1100 bucks or so if you shop it. All told, this was about 2200 (maybe a touch more) dollars but it’s done and I’m really happy. It takes some muscle and it’s a little scary, but you can do it. Glad to share experience with you to use on top of the YouTube videos out there. The videos are great, I’m thankful for them but some of those guys make it harder then it has to be. And watching people take a hammer to the suspension parts just ain’t right. I didn’t have to pound on anything.
You need a ball joint separator, a long pry bar, some in between wrenches, like 18mm. Impact torx and hex sockets. You’ll break cheap ones. Breaker bar and a 1/2 torque wrench. I used a big punch to help line up the holes on suspension parts also, plus a little floor jack is handy to hold and raise suspension without muscling your large floor jack around.

Argh, I talk to much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by tonythetiger; 06-16-2020 at 05:34 PM.
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote