View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #28
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
I eventually went with the Ohlins, with a track spring/valve setup. I'm not sure what the 6k/8k means, because it doesn't seem to relate to what I'm accustomed to seeing for spring rates (But I'm not the pro). My springs are a 450/550 spring, with custom valving to match. (also adjustable)

there's a measurement that people use to set ride-height, based on the Porsche method. I'll attach an image. SPB rules say 90mm is the lowest you can go, but ALL of the racers will tell you that's too low, because once you get too low you get to the point where the LCA moves past horizontal and then you start to give-up camber (and everything goes out the window).

As a starting point, I set mine at 125mm front, 131mm rear (with 18" wheels). My setup guys said it was "pretty close". but of course some of this gets adjusted as further as they do your corner balance.

Looking forward to hearing how they ride!

So Im just quoting what is listed on the webpage for my stuff. I understand what they mean by spring rate, I can even translate...6K for 1mm of compression, 12K for 2mm, likewise 8K for 1mm in the rear, etc. That said, I have no experience or preference for what would be ideal for my driving. I left that to the manufacturer while remaining hopeful I am pleased with the result. I drive the car to trader joes or go to the pool, etc. Its pathetic.

I took the initial setting for damping as well and didn't want the car lower, but figured 1/2 an inch? What the heck, do it.

For your chart here, I take it these are the limits for height, as measured from the street up to the cross brace in the rear and the tension arm upfront. Are these limits on lowering or are they a setting you need to adhere to...in otherwords, your car cannot be higher then that?
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote