View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 02:12 PM   #18
TRP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcramer View Post
Your generic OBD reader just scratches the surface of the car's memory. And it can't always interpret the Porsche codes correctly. If you are a serious DIY and plan to keep this car long term, then invest in a Durametric cable.

Contact the shop and see if they will give you a list of the code numbers and report back.

I had a similar problem to yours (recurring codes). My generic reader couldn't see a fault in the trans module. I was able to reset it with Durametric and was then able to set the car for the CA smog test.
I got the car back. They couldn't force the secondary air pump to reset but they did validate that the car is in otherwise fantastic shape. They suggested to keep trying to trip/trigger the drive cycle. :|

The codes he pulled up were stored in memory that my tool couldn't get to. The codes were:
P1119 (we knew about that one, that's what caused me to swap out the pre-cat 02 sensors).

The other one was P1670. Electric change-over valve, variable-length manifold intake pipe flux capacitor reverb fluid over easy. (or something)

So now I continue to lather rinse repeat.

MGFRANZ - Let me know how that works out. I'm not sure I'd be shorting anything out on my car. Maybe I just don't understand the process.
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote