Thread: Motor Mount
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 03:19 AM   #20
geekdaddy

How did it go???

I considered that option but went with the std 987 mount. My old mount was original and cracked but the new 987 rubber actually seems softer.
Perhaps this is because the old one was dried out. I ended up buying a powerflex insert. Thought it would protect the new mount and wasn't considerably more costly than a new set of side spacers -- which were also needed. My original side spacers were in remarkably good condition and I tried modifying the holes to accommodate the newer mount's "egg shaped" bolt locations but decided the spacers were too thin and generally didn't fit well enough. This is the street insert I chose: https://www.powerflexusa.com/shop/product/pfr57-521-porsche-boxster-986-987-cayman-987-front-engine-mount-bushing-insert-3775

Will hopefully arrive soon. I've had my Boxster on jack stands for nearly six weeks for what was originally an IMS, RMS, and clutch job but ended up also replacing the AOS, water pump, coolant tank, transmission input/output seals, exhaust bolt hardware, etc. Well over half of that time was degreasing and and waiting for parts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mipstien View Post
Sounds good. Ordered the Powerflex bushing. Thank you all for the help! Much appreciated. I have a terrible time making decisions on this stuff.
geekdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote