View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 12:41 PM   #14
BoxsterSteve
still plays with cars...

Garage
It’s not a very difficult job, but it sure makes you wonder about the over-engineering and logic(?) behind the approach that was taken in the coolant tank design.
Way over complicated.
I jacked the back of the car up rather high to avoid air entry into the open lines.
The cut up the old tank with a RotoZip tool and disconnected the lines from the leftover flange after pulling it int the trunk as much as I could.
Remote hose clamp pliers were a godsend. They helped in replacing the oil filler tube which I ordered for this job too.
It’s in the damn way and was brittle enough to break apart with a mere sideways glance. I’m glad I put it on the parts list.
I also removed the underside diamond plate to reattach a couple of the lines; some were too awkward to connect from above, and yes, stainless steel worm drive clamps were used instead of the originals. There’s a special place in hell for those things.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote