View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 04:01 AM   #29
rfuerst911sc

I think my suggestion of a tube mounted in the rear trunk on the front wall facing the engine has merit . First and most important get out of the vehicle . While you are unbuckling and setting the parking brake grab your extinguisher . As you exit pop the rear trunk . If you have a cap on the tube pop the cap off . Pull pin on extinguisher place the nozzle in the tube and let it rip . That entire scenario is what 10 - 15 seconds ?

The trunk lid is open so it somewhat shields you . Lets face it this scenario is successful only if you catch it early , if it's fully engulfed after you pull over it's too late . Just speaking for myself while I would love to save my car it's my 25K Jake Raby engine I REALLY want to save ............. for the next chassis

Fire is dangerous business and has to be taken very seriously . But this thread was started over concerns on how to put it out on a Boxster . From the comments it's obvious in stock form there is no easy way to do so . So in that scenario there are two camps . Just get out and let it burn or be inventive and have at least a chance of saving . I think I will explore my option and see what I can come up with . This thread has made me realize I carry a fire extinguisher in my S but it's a false sense of security , if I had a fire I would have no way to expel the goods into the engine bay .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote