View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 07:35 AM   #19
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Eve View Post
You da man Husker. Thank you. I thought about this when swapped 4 to 6 - the coil.

So an hour ago I swap the coil from 4 to 6 and she is worse. Same condition as the original but now the check engine light flashes continuously.

Using Touque Lite I have no current codes driving around the block twice.

Pending Codes are...

P1319
P1318
P1316
P1317

In that order.

I will clean up the original plug back in. It looks good. I plan to put all new premium plugs in due time.

I will swap the coil to the other side in an hour or so.

I have Torque Light and Scan Master Pro is not connecting. Are there other features to this app to help diagnose the issue?

There is a possibility - very small that I put the wrong gas in. That pump has 3 handles... 6 buttons and it's hot as hell. I even checked the receipt, and I'm fairly certain I bought premium. It's worth noting. If it was easy, i would drain every drop of fuel to eliminate that possibility.

Kindly - check out this link... https://www.renntech.org/topic/32676-p1316-p1317-p1318-p1319/

This guy changed the MAF, the air intake tube looked loose on the throttle body. After wriggling it around he found it to be disconnected. Should I clean the MAF and inspect the air intake tube on the throttle body?
The pending codes are telling you the same thing the other codes told you.
You have misfires on all 3 cylinders of one bank.
The misfires are damaging to the CAT.

Bad fuel will affect all 6 cylinders not just 3 on the same side so it is not bad fuel.
Same with the MAF its not the MAF leave it alone
Same with the air intake tube its not the air intake tube leave it alone.
It is some thing that affects just one bank one the engine.

If you drained the fuel and changed it or cleaned or changed the MAF
Or this or that with the throttle body or air tube.
You would be doing things that are most likely not related to the problem.
A lot of wasted time, wasted money, and the possibility of creating further unrelated problems.
And doing nothing to fix the current misfire problem.

You said in your first post that you have fair mechanical ability.
This is not a slam on you BUT
you are not following the simplest most basic diagnostic procedures.

Last edited by blue62; 05-28-2020 at 07:44 AM.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote