View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 05:24 AM   #14
986Eve

You da man Husker. Thank you. I thought about this when swapped 4 to 6 - the coil.

So an hour ago I swap the coil from 4 to 6 and she is worse. Same condition as the original but now the check engine light flashes continuously.

Using Touque Lite I have no current codes driving around the block twice.

Pending Codes are...

P1319
P1318
P1316
P1317

In that order.

I will clean up the original plug back in. It looks good. I plan to put all new premium plugs in due time.

I will swap the coil to the other side in an hour or so.

I have Torque Light and Scan Master Pro is not connecting. Are there other features to this app to help diagnose the issue?

There is a possibility - very small that I put the wrong gas in. That pump has 3 handles... 6 buttons and it's hot as hell. I even checked the receipt, and I'm fairly certain I bought premium. It's worth noting. If it was easy, i would drain every drop of fuel to eliminate that possibility.

Kindly - check out this link... https://www.renntech.org/topic/32676-p1316-p1317-p1318-p1319/

This guy changed the MAF, the air intake tube looked loose on the throttle body. After wriggling it around he found it to be disconnected. Should I clean the MAF and inspect the air intake tube on the throttle body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
Since you now have codes for all 3 cyl on bank 2, swapping a coil on the same side will not prove anything. You'll need to swap it to bank 1 for an effective test. Clean up the plug you took out and put it back in the original cyl you took it out of. It sounds like you just threw a random spark plug into your car and that's not good.

Bad gas would not selectively choose to foul just bank 2 cyls.

Last edited by 986Eve; 05-28-2020 at 05:34 AM.
986Eve is offline   Reply With Quote