View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 03:13 PM   #5
Nine8Six

Thanks. Was worried to add gas on the fire, clearly noticed you aren't too happy already.

Where you got those chemicals from? Are you 100% sure those are legit imports (the wurth, particularly) and supplied by an authorized re-seller? I'm asking because all the wurth stuff we have here is all 100% counterfeit, a canister of anything "Wurth" is between $2.50~5.00 average for us domestically (see attachment). Unfortunately those fake chems 'import-pretenders' are some of the top exports due to the incentives they offer when sold via popular ecommerce platforms (eBay?!) and by other small retailers.

If indeed acquired via an official channel then I can only think of a bad batch, or something went really wrong between the primer and paint (reaction). edit: just read BFeller post above about primer color, didn't know that(!). Good info.

Lastly your wheel as-is does not look half-bad at all, bit of a trendy gun metal tone to it. Bet they look even better in real-life? Maybe try to get the center caps the same color and I'm sure they'll look killer. Re-do them next year or the following year if really that's not your thing.

Last edited by Nine8Six; 05-25-2020 at 04:47 PM. Reason: oops got the price conv wrong, $2.50~5.00 sounds ab right. Cheap for German imports (never!)
Nine8Six is offline   Reply With Quote