View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 09:15 AM   #3
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

OK. Everything is buttoned up...

This morning I removed the drain plug... and fluid did emerge dripping into the pan. That was around 630A. I went out, again, at 930A, and there was no dripping. Just to be certain I was starting level I used the leftover fluid (.15 qt) and pumped it in. It started dribbling. When there was no more dribble...

I started the car. No gear shifting. The transmission I let warm organically (again, no shifting through the gears). I kept an eye on any dribble and, throughout the entire warmup, not a drop emerged from the fill hole.

When the pan reached at least 105 degrees (I aimed at several spots on the pan) I got in the cab... foot on brake... shift to reverse. Click %*!!#$^y click. OK. So, I'm now thinking this time I'm going to check Manual... and having a feeling Drive is going to give me the same Click %*!!#$^y click. Shift to neutral... no click. Shift to Drive... Click %*!!#$^y click. Quickly I shift to Manual... Click %*!!#$^y click. Back to park. Car off. My foot was on the brake the entire time. Me. Here. Now.

So... here's my predicament: I don't know what next to do. I'm hoping someone can tell me what might be that clicking... at, like. .5 second intervals. What other steps might I take to correct everything?

I've a friend stopping by in a bit and I'm going to have him get under the tranny and pinpoint from where the noise is coming. I'll report back.

Thank you!