View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 12:45 AM   #16
Nko

Hi, thanks for all your answers, very helpful !

Indeed, looks like if I can do at least some of the work myself, maintenance cost is very reasonable ! Thats a very good point for the 986 - I wish I could say as much for the 718 ! That one is still under warranty though so for now at least, no worries.

What do you think of high milleage 986 ? I have seen some people saying its actually safer to find a 100k+ that have been well maintained vs a lower milleage one, because of the IMS bearing issue - the logic would be that if a car make it to the 100k its highly unlikely the IMS issue will appear.
I spotted a 89K miles that fit the spec I'm looking for 4K pounds (S, Black, tan leather interior, thats its) - which seem reasonable to me - assuming nothing really bad is lurking inside.
There is some 100K+ for about the same price ...
High milleage and low price is key to me on that one - I cant justify paying a lot more for a fun weekend car.

I still have a bit of time before really comitting, not exactly the best time to go about try cars with whats happening in the world just now ! Hopefully before summer end.
Nko is offline   Reply With Quote