View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 02:42 AM   #11
Nko

Hi

I was actually in the same situation and instead of opening a duplicate thread thought coming here ... hope its ok ?

I'd be looking at an older S - for weekend fun. How do people here feel about doing maintenance yourself - if you have never done it before ?
Im reading conflicting info about the 986 with some people saying its a easy to work with, and other saying the exact opposite.
Of course I understand it depend a lot of what the job IS , but for basic maintenance like changing oil and filters, maybe a water pump or belt, or a headlight ...this sort of stuff. Not complete engine rebuild : )
Never done those before but keen to learn.

Another thing is, I already own a Porsche, a 718 cayman, for daily driving, and sure one is a hard top and the other one is a convertible, and the two are separated by over 20 years - but the two are also 2 seater sport cars - and I wonder how diferent the experience would be -

And finally - would you feel confortable at leaving the car outside, on a private driveway, in a midly cold but very wet climate (Scotland). How well does it fare with rust ?

(I am also concidering a Z3, if people have experience with that one too.)

thanks !

Last edited by Nko; 05-15-2020 at 03:05 AM.
Nko is offline   Reply With Quote