View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 04:58 AM   #6
mikesz

Garage
I have a 99. I agree with all of the above. They break just like every other car. The dealers will clean you out and I found they really are not worth what they get paid. At the very least find a reputable, honest, knowledgeable Indy. I finally found one and he is great. But I usually do all my own wrenching its fun and not that difficult but can be time consuming and you need to be comfortable laying on your back in a cold garage. Owners treat these cars like sacred cows, they are automobiles just like a Jetta or Camry. I love working on all my cars as much as possible. You really gain an appreciation for the engineering that has gone into these cars and once you get into it you will find they are not that difficult. Also, this forum and many others are a great source of information and most members are very willing to share experiences/advice. Connect with local owners they can help but most I have found to be the "sacred cow" type of owners. Oh and if you do choose to work on your car, find the nearest Harbor Freight, they will be your best friend!!