View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 08:40 AM   #11
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
I'll second this ^^^.

With 100K miles, I guarantee that your shocks are ready for replacement. When you take them off, you'll be able to compress them by hand.

The car will drive noticeably better with new shocks.
Yep, I think that's enough convincing. I think I'm going with the yellowspeedracing setup, they look really cool and the feedback has been positive, but havent heard from anyone with a 986 that used them. The price is right and again I just drive around the neighborhood (spirited turning and the like, but not racing). I like that it is complete, mounts, hardware, adjustability and shiny yellow. The K sports look awesome also, but about 400 bucks more.

looks like I will button everything up, wait a month for them to come in and tackle that in the early summer. At least I know the bolts will come loose. I will have changed out clutch, IMS, exhaust, driveshafts, water pump, AOS, sparkplugs, tubes, coils, starter, thermostat, belts and any hoses that look dicey. Oh...and new tires, just because.
Doing the IMS today and maybe sliding the tranny back in. Waiting for the Fabspeed exhaust to arrive. That will give me a little time to scrub some of the grime off the underside, my shafts have been slinging grease for a few thousand miles.
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote