View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 04:00 AM   #2
maytag
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdawwgman View Post
Hey Everyone. I wanted to take a moment and share my success with this this.

I recently installed the 987 Airbox, 987 MAF/MAF Tube, and the 997 Throttle Body and T-Plenum on to my 2002 Boxster S. Car ran, but desperately needed a tune. Here is what I was able to do:

My car has the DME Version 7.2. (must use 2001 Tune)

2003+ has 7.8. (Can use 04 986 SE Tune)

-Find a Dealer or independent mechanic who can get your DME Access Codes from Porsche directly.

-Find someone who can flash the 996 OEM Tune on to your car with the PTS2 or a PIWIS I-III System.

-Have them plug the system in. Clear all fault codes. ensure the system connects to your 986.

-Click on the 996 Diagnostic tab.

-Access the system and look for Map

-From there you must manually select as the DME Will not recognize what you have. We had to select Manual Transmission. With or without PSM, and what year I need.

-Then you will need to enter your DME Code and immobilizer code and verify.

-Once you get past all that, you are golden. It asks you what do you want to write. You can choose 99, 00, or 2001. I selected 2001.

-Choose what tune, ROW, US, or LEV (California Emissions Tune)

-Select and you are good. Takes 7 minutes to write it to the DME.

Look for faults and address as necessary. However, I did run into one issue. The DME Control Box does not recognize my Instrument Cluster and that, I need help figuring out. Ran out of time after trouble shooting for almost 2 hours, but the car runs perfectly. I have a CEL but that is only due to the DME not recognizing my instrument cluster.

If anyone who has done this can shed some light on how I can get my DME to recognize the instrument cluster, I could really use your help
I can't help, but you're sure impressing me here. I have a PST2 that I purchased so I could do just this. But haven't done it yet.

Please keep us appraised on what you find?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote