View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 11:12 AM   #1
norcalconvertible

Has anyone owned both a Boxster and BMW Z4?

I am in a quest for a new convertible to replace my current weekend car (2004 BMW 3-series vert).

I have spent hours reading through this forum and learning a lot about Boxsters and their typical issues. This seems like a fantastic community forum with tons of helpful info!

Anyways, I believe I have narrowed my search down to a Boxster or BMW Z4. I have read every forum thread comparing the two, but I am still torn.

I am wondering if anyone here has previously owned a 03-08 Z4 but ended up with a Boxster and how your experience has been between the two.

My top goal will be achieving the lowest possible ownership cost. I bought my 3-series at the bottom of the depreciation curve and have only had $600 in repair costs over 4 years and 11k miles. Hoping for a similar experience with the next car and trying to see what other's experience have been between the two.

I have been casually looking on marketplace and craigslist the past couple weeks, but most examples of either car seem to be from short-term owners with questionable maintenance histories.
norcalconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote